THE LAW OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
JAMES CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
8) If you really keep the royal law found in scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself, you are doing right.
9) But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.
10) For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
11) For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery, also said, “You shall not murder.”If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you shall, you have become a lawbreaker.
12) Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,
13) Because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 17, 18, 19
17) “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18) For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the law until everything is accomplished.
19) Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
ROMANS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 4, 5
4) Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5) Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law.”The person who does these things will live by them.
JOHN CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 28, 29
28) Then they asked him, what must we do to do the works God requires?
29) Jesus answered; the work of God is this; to believe in the one he has sent.
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.
15) By setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace.
16) And in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.
GALATIANS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
23) Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.
24) So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
25) Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.
26) So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith.
27) For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
GALATIANS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13
10) For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the book of the Law.
11) Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because the righteous will live by faith.
12) The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, the person who does these things will live by them.
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.
6) Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk.
7) They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
8) We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
9) We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers.
ROMANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
17) Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the law and boast in God;
18) If you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law;
19) if you are convicted that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark,
20) An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth—
21) You, then, who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal.
22) You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?
23) You who boast in the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law?
24) As it is written: God’s name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you.
ACTS CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 3, 4, 5
3) “I am a Jew, born in tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today.
4) I persecuted the followers of this way to their death, arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison,
5) As the high priest and all the council can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.
GALATIANS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16
13) For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.
14) I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
15) But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased
16) To reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
ROMANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith.
14) For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless,
15) Because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 12, 13
12) For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.
13) By calling this covenant “new, “he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 55, 56, 57, 58
55) “Where, O death is your victory? Where O death, is your sting?
56) The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
57) But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58) Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
ACTS CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 2, 3
2) At this the high priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth.
3) Then Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! You sit there to judge me according to the law, yet you yourself violate the law by commanding that I be struck!
ROMANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 12, 13
12) All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
13) For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
COLOSSIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 8, 9
8) See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
9) For in Christ all the fullness of the deity lives in bodily form.
ABOUT CLOUDS NEFELY
MATTHEW CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 30, 31
30) “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
31) And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
REVELATION CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 7, 8
7) “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and ‘every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “Will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen.
8) “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “Who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
15) Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
16) So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 16, 17, 18
16) For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17) After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
18) Therefore encourage one another with these words.
REVELATION CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 1, 2
1) Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.
2) He was holding a little scroll, which lay open in his hand. He planted his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land,
REVELATION CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 9, 10
9) After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
10) And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
ACTS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 9, 10, 11
9) After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10) They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.
11) “Men of Galilee,” they said, “Why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 11, 12
11) But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.
12) Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 42, 43, 44
42) So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
43)”Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said. Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”
44) The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.” So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.”
1 KINGS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13
10) When the priests withdrew from the Holy Place, the cloud filled the temple of the LORD.
11) And the priest could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled his temple.
12) Then Solomon said, “The LORD has said that he would dwell in the dark cloud;
13) I have indeed built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.”
ISAIAH CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 1, 2
1) A prophecy against Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear.
2) “I will stir up Egyptian against Egyptian—brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, Kingdom against Kingdom.
DANIEL CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 13, 14
13) “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
14) He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.