ABOUT THE BAPTISM
JOHN CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 26, 27
26) “I baptize with water,” John replied, but among you stands one you do not know.
27) He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”
MARK CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
7) And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie.
8) I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
9) At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10) Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11) And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love: with you I am well pleased.”
ACTS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 47, 48
47) “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”
48) So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
ACTS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 12, 13
12) But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13) Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 41, 42
41) Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
42) They devoted themselves to the apostles, teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 18, 19, 20
18) Then Jesus came to them and said. “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit.
20) And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
LUKE CHAPTER 12
50) But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed!
ACTS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 36, 37, 38
36) As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, Look Water! What prevents me from being baptized?
37) And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may. And he answered and said. “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38) And he ordered the chariot to stop: and they both went down into the water, Philip as well as the eunuch, and he baptized him.
ACTS CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 17, 18, 19
17) Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said. “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit”
18) Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,
19) And after taking some food, he regained his strength.
1 PETER CHAPTER 3
21) And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.
ROMANS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 2, 3, 4
2) By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
3) Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
4) We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 21, 22
21) “What is it you want? He asked. She said, “Grand that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”
22) But Jesus answered and said, you do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They said to him, “we are able.”
LUKE CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 29, 30
29) (All the people, even the tax collectors, when they heard Jesus words, acknowledged that God’s way was right, because they had been baptized by John.
30) But The Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.)
ACTS CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 31, 32, 33
31) They replied “Believe in the lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
32) Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house.
33) At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 5
6) This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
JOHN CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 5, 6
5) Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6) Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
GENESIS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 1, 2
1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2) Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.