DEATH AND LIFE
GENESIS CHAPTER 2
7) Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground.
GENESIS CHAPTER 3
19) By the sweat of your face you will eat bread. Till you return to the ground, because from it you were taken; for you are dust, And to dust you shall return.
LUKE CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
19) Now there was a rich man, and he habitually dressed in purple and fine linen, joyously living in splendor every day.
20) And a poor man named Lazarus was laid at his gate, covered with sores.
21) and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man’s table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores.
22) Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried.
23) In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
24) And he cried out and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56
50) Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God: nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
51) Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed.
52) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
53) For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54) But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written. DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY.
55) O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH WHERE IS YOUR STING?
56) The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
13) But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.
14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.
15) For this we say to you by the word of the LORD, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the LORD. Will not precede those who have fallen asleep
16) For the LORD himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17) Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the LORD in the air, and so we shall always be with the LORD.
LUKE CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
36) While they were telling these things, He Himself stood in their midst and said to them. Peace be to you.”
37) But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.
38) And He said to them, why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?
39) See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.
40) And when he had said this, He showed them his hands and his feet.
41) While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, he said to them. Have you anything here to eat?
42) They gave him a piece of a broiled fish;
JOHN CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
24) Truly. Truly. I say to you, he who hears my word, and believes him who sent me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
25) Truly. Truly. I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
26) For just as the father has life in himself, even so he gave to the Son also to have life in himself;
27) And he gave him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man.
28) Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear his voice.
29) And will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 12
12) Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.
DANIEL CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.
2) Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt.
3) Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
REVELATION CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
11) Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
12) And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
14) Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
15) And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 15, 16, 17, 18
15) Because you have said, we have made a covenant with death. And with Sheol we have made a pact. The overwhelming scourge will not reach us when it passed by. For we have made falsehood our refuge and we have concealed ourselves with deception.
16) Therefore thus says the LORD GOD. Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed.
17) I will make justice the measuring line and righteousness the level; Then hail will sweep away the refuge of lies And the waters will overflow the secret place.
18) Your covenant with death will be canceled. And your pact with Sheol will not stand; When the overwhelming scourge passes through, Then you become its tramping place.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) As David’s time to die drew near, he charged Solomon his son, saying.
2) I am going the way of all the earth. Be strong, therefore, and show yourself a man.
3) Keep the charge of the LORD your GOD, to walk in his ways, to keep his statutes. His commandments. His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the Law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn.
MIRACLES OF THE OLD TESTAMENT
GENESIS CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20
17) For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth.
18) The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water.
19) They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.
20) The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits.
GENESIS CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 23, 24, 25
23) By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land.
24) Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.
25) Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 38, 39, 45, 46
38) Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
39) When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The LORD—he is God! The LORD—he is GOD!”
45) Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel.
46) The power of the LORD came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.
EXODUS CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 21, 22
21) Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided,
22) and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 9, 10
9) Then he sent to Elijah a captain with his company of fifty men. The captain went up to Elijah, who was sitting on the top of the hill, and said to him, “Man of God, the King says, “Come down!”
10) Elijah answered the captain, “If I am a man of God, may fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty men!” Then the fire fell from heaven and consumed the captain and his men.
JOSHUA CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 11, 12, 13
11) As they fled before Israel on the road down from Beth Horon to Azekah, the Lord hurled large hailstones down on them, and more of them died from the hail than were killed by the swords of the Israelites.
12) On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: “Sun, stand still over Gibeon, and you, moon, over the valley of Aijalon.”
13) So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
NUMBERS CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
31) As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart
32) and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions.
33) They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community.
34) At their cries, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, “The earth is going to swallow us too!”
35) And fire came out from the LORD and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
15) But now bring me a harpist.” While the harpist was playing, the hand of the LORD came on Elisha
16) and he said, “This is what the LORD says: I will fill this valley with pools of water.
17) For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink.
18) This is an easy thing in the eyes of the LORD; he will also deliver Moab into your hands.
19) You will overthrow every fortified city and every major town. You will cut down every good tree, stop up all the springs, and ruin every good field with stones.”
20) The next morning, about the time for offering the sacrifice, there it was—water flowing from the direction of Edom! And the land was filled with water.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 38
VERSE, 4, 5
4) Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah:
5) “Go and tell Hezekiah, “This is what the LORD, the GOD of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life.
EXODUS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 2, 3
2) Pharaoh said, “Who is the LORD that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go.”
3) Then they said, “The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Now let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the LORD our GOD, or he may strike us with plagues or with the sword.”
EXODUS CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
22) Then the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that hail will fall all over Egypt—on people and animals and on everything growing in the fields of Egypt.”
23) When Moses stretched out his staff toward the sky, the LORD sent thunder and hail, and lighting flashed down to the ground. So the LORD rained hail on the land of Egypt;
24) hail fell and lighting flashed back and forth. It was the worst storm in all the land of Egypt since it had become a nation.
25) Throughout Egypt hail struck everything in the fields—both people and animals; it beat down everything growing in the fields and stripped every tree.
26) The only place it did not hail was the land of Goshen, where the Israelites were.
JUDGES CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 36, 37, 38
36) Gideon said to God, “If you will save Israel by my hand as you have promised—
37) look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said.”
38) And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 17
12) “As surely as the LORD your God lives,” she replied, “I don’t have any bread—only a handful of flour in a jar and a little olive oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son that we may eat –and die.”
2 KINGS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 34, 35
34) Then he got on the bed and lay on the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes hands to hands. As he stretched himself out on him, the boy’s body grew warm.
35) Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on on the bed and stretched out on him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes,