ABOUT THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD
MATTHEW CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
23) That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24) “Teacher, they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him.
25) Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26) The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27) Finally, the woman died.
28) Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?
MATTHEW CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 41, 42
41) The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here.
42) The Queen of the south will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now something greater than Solomon is here.
JOHN CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
25) Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.
26) For as the father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.
27) And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
28) Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
29) And come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
DANIEL CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 1, 2
1) “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will rise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.
2) Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 26)
19) But your dead will live, Lord; their bodies will rise—Let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy—your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
12) But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
13) If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.
14) And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
15) More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.
16) For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.
17) And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.
18) Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.
19) If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
20) But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
21) For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55
50) I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
51) Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed –
52) In a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed
53) For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality,
54) When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.
55) “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?
ACTS CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 15, 16
15) And I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.
16) So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
1 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
14) For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
15) According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 27
VERSE, 50, 51, 52, 53
50) And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
51) At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split
52) And the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
53) They came out of the tombs after Jesus resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 37
VERSE, 9, 10
9) Then he said to me. “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, breath, from the four winds and breathe into these slain, that they may live.
10) So I prophesied as he commanded me, the breath entered them: they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.
REVELATION CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 11, 12, 13
11) But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them.
12) Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
13) At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
REVELATION CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 11, 12
11) Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
12) And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
2 KINGS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 20, 21
20) Elisha died and was buried. Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring.
21) Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
REVELATION CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 5, 6
5) (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
6) Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.