ACTS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach
2) Until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles he had chosen.
3) After his suffering, he presented himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the Kingdom of God.
4) On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5) For John baptized with water, but in few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 15, 16, 17, 18
15) These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!
16) No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17) In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
18) Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
10) These are the things God has revealed to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
11) For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them?
12) What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.
13) This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but is words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
14) The person without the spirit does not accept the things that comes from the spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
15) The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments.
16) For “Who has known the mind of the LORD so as to instruct him?”
1 JOHN CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 26, 27
26) I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray.
27) As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
1) Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed.
2) You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
3) Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is LORD,” except by the Holy Spirit.
4) There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.
5) There are different kinds of service, but the same LORD
6) There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
7) Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8) To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit.
9) To another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit.
10) To another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
11) All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 12
1) A prophecy: The word of the LORD concerning Israel. The LORD, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the human spirit within a person, declares.
PSALMS CHAPTER 139
VERSE, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
6) Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7) Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8) If I go up to the heavens you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9) If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea.
10) Even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast.
11) If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me.”
JOHN CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 61, 62, 63
61) Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you?
62) Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!
63) The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
JOHN CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 21, 22, 23, 24
21) “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22) You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23) Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.
JOHN CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
12) I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
13) But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
14) He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
15) All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.
16) Jesus went on to say. “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.”
LUKE CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 20, 21
20) Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the Kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied.”The coming of the Kingdom of God is not something that can be observed.
21) Nor will people say, “Here it is, or There it is, because the Kingdom of God is in your midst.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2) This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.
3) But every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 29, 30, 31, 32
29) Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
30) And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop.
31) For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged?
32) The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets.
JOHN CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6) Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
7) You should not be surprised at my saying. “You must be born again.”
8) The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
9) “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
15) Saul’s attendants said to him. “See, an evil spirit from God is tormenting you.
16) Let our lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the lyre. He will play when the evil spirit of God comes on you, and you will feel better.”
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 7, 8, 9
7) Saul then said to his attendants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her.” “There is one in Endor,” they said.
8) So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes and at night he and two men went to the woman. “Consult a spirit for me,” he said, “and bring up for me the one I name.”
9) But the woman said to him, “Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?”
MATTHEW CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 43, 44, 45
43) When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.
44) Then it says, I will return to the house I left. When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.
45) Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation”
PROVERBS CHAPTER 20
27) The human spirit is the lamp of the LORD that sheds light on one’s inmost being.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 15, 16
15) “But what about you?” he asked. Who do you say I am?”
16) Simon Peter answered. “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
ISAIAH CHAPTER 57
15) For this is what the high and exalted One says—he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit.
MARK CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 28, 29, 30
28) Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter.
29) But whoever blasphemes against the HOLY SPIRIT will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
30) He said this because they were saying. “He has an impure spirit.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 2
7) Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches? To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
LUKE CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 11, 12, 13
11) “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?
12) Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?
13) If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the HOLY SPIRIT to those who ask him!
ISAIAH CHAPTER 37
VERSE, 5, 6, 7
5) When King Hezekiah’s officials came to Isaiah,
6) Isaiah said to them, “Tell your master. This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard—those words with which the underlings of the King of Assyria have blasphemed me.
7) Listen! When he hears a certain report, I will make him want to return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.
NUMBERS CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 16, 17
16) The LORD said to Moses: “Bring me seventy of Israel’s elders who are known to you as leaders and officials among the people. Have them come to the tent of meeting that they may stand there with you.
17) I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.
GENESIS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 1, 2
1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2) Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 7, 8
7) And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.
8) “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the teacher. “Everything is meaningless!”
MATTHEW CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 19, 20
19) But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say.
20) For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
ROMANS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 26, 27
26) In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groan.
27) And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 29, 30
29) Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
30) And do not grieve the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
MARK CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 9, 10, 11
9) At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10) Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the SPIRIT descending on him like a dove.
11) And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son whom I love; with you I am pleased.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 13, 14
13) Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14) They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the Kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 6
12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.