JESUS AS MESSAIAH
ISAIAH CHAPTER 53
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4
1) Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2) He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3) He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and he held him in low esteem.
4) Surly he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
JOHN CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 57, 58, 59
57) “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
58) “Very truly I tell you.” Jesus answered, “Before Abraham was born, I am!
59) At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
22) The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old.
23) I was formed long ages ago, at the very beginning, when the world came to be.
24) When there were no watery depths, I was given birth, when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25) Before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth.
26) Before he made the world or its fields or any of the dust of the earth.
27) I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep.
28) When he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep.
JOHN CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 2, 3, 4
2)...For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.
3) Jesus replied. “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the Kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
4) “How can someone be born when they are old? Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 3, 4, 5
3) This is good, and pleases God our savior,
4) Who wants all people to be saved and to come to knowledge of the truth?
5) For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus.
ACTS CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 11, 12
11) Jesus is “the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.”
12) Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
ACTS CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 22, 23, 30, 31
22) Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious.
23) For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
30) In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.
31) For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking.
6) But there is a place where someone has testified: “What is mankind that you are mindful of them, a son of man that you care for him?
7) You made them a little lower than the angels; you crowned them with glory and honor
8) And put everything under their feet. In putting everything under them, God left nothing that is not subject to them.
PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 9, 10, 11
9) Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11) And every tongue acknowledges that Jesus Christ is Lord. To the glory of God the Father.
1 THESSALON CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 16, 17, 18
16) For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17) After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
18) Therefore encourage one another with these words.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 8, 9
8) Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
9) Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teaching. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.
JOHN CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22
19) Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20) For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.
21) For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
22) Moreover, The Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.
REVELATION CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 11, 12
11) Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders.
12) In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!
1 JOHN CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 22, 23
22) Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.
23) No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 11
3) But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 18, 19, 20
18) Then Jesus came to them and said, all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
20) And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
2 JOHN CHAPTER 1
9) Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 21, 22, 23
21) I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand.
22) If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be cursed! Come, Lord!
23) The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you.
ABOUT THE IDOLS
EXODUS CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 4, 5, 6
4) “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
5) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
6) But showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
EXODUS CHAPTER 32
VERSE, 2, 3, 4,--27, 28, 29
2) Aaron answered them. “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.”
3) So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron.
4) He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then he said, “These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”
27) Then he said to them. “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.”
28) The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died.
29) Then Moses said. “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”
PSALMS CHAPTER 115
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
1) Not to us. Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
2) Why do the nations say, “Where is their God?”
3) Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
4) But their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands.
5) They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but cannot see.
6) They have ears, but cannot hear, noses, but cannot smell.
7) They have hands, but cannot feel, feet, but cannot walk.
8) Those who make them will be like them and so will all who trust in them.
ACTS CHAPTER 19
VERSE, 23, 24, 25
23) About that time there arose a great disturbance about the way.
24) A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in a lot of business for the craftsmen there.
25) He called them together, along with the workers in related trades, and said: “You know, my friends, that we receive a good income from this business.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
15) You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully.
16) So that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman,
17) Or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air,
18) Or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below.
19) And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven.
DANIEL CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 16, 17, 18
16) Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him.
“King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter.
17) If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand.
18) But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 16
2) The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4
1) After the Philistines had captured the ark of God, they took it from Ebenezer to Ashdod.
2) Then they carried the ark into Dagon’s temple and set it beside Dagon
3) When the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord! They took Dagon and put him back in his place.
4) But the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord! His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold; only his body remained.
JOHN CHAPTER 4
24) God is Spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
MICAH CHAPTER 1
7) All her idols will be broken to pieces; all her temple gifts will be burned with fire; I will destroy all her images. Since she gathered her gifts from the wages of prostitutes, as the wages of prostitutes they will again be used.”
ROMANS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 21, 22, 23
21) For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22) Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
23) And exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 44
VERSE, 16, 17
16) Half of the wood he burns in the fire; over it he prepares his meal, he roast his meat and eats his fill. He also warms himself and says, “Ah I am warm; I see the fire.”
17) From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it and worships. He prays to it and says. “Save me! You are my god!
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 11, 12
11) In front of them stood seventy elders of Israel, and Jaazanian son of Shaphan was standing among them. Each had a censer in his hand, and a fragrant cloud of incense was rising.
12) He said to me. “Son of man, have you seen what the elders of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say. The Lord does not see us; the Lord has forsaken the land.”
2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 6
16) What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 12
31) You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.
ACTS CHAPTER 17
VERSE, 16, 17,--23
16) While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols.
17) So he reasoned in the synagogue day by day with those who happened to be there.
23) For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.