ACTS CHAPTER 7
51) You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!
52) Was there ever a prophet your ancestors did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the righteous one. And now you have betrayed and murdered him—
53) You who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it.”
54) When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him.
MARK CHAPTER 7
VERSE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus
2) And saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled that is unwashed.
3) (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders.
4) When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many others traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.
5) So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus. “Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?
6) He replied Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2) “The LORD was very angry with your ancestors,
3) Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: Return to me, declares the LORD Almighty, and I will return to you, says the LORD Almighty.
4) Do not be like your ancestors, to whom the earlier prophets proclaimed: This is what the LORD Almighty says: Turn from the evil ways and your evil practices. But they would not listen or pay attention to me, declares the LORD.
5) Where are your ancestors now? And the prophets, do they live forever?
6) But did not my words and my decrees, which I commanded my servants the prophets, overtake your ancestors?
MALACHI CHAPTER 3
7) Ever since the time of your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you. Says the LORD Almighty. But you ask. How are we robbing you?
ACTS CHAPTER 22
VERSE, 3, 4, 5
3) “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors. I was just as zealous for God as any of you are today.
4) I persecuted the followers of this way to their death. Arresting both men and women and throwing them into prison.
5) As the high priest and all the council can themselves testify. I even obtained letters from them to their associates in Damascus, and went there to bring these people as prisoners to Jerusalem to be punished.
LUKE CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 45, 46, 47, 48
45) One of the experts in the law answered him. “Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”
46) Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them.
47) “Woe to you, because you build tombs for the prophets, and it was your ancestors who killed them.
48) So you testify that you approve of what your ancestors did; they killed the prophets, and you build their tombs.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 29, 30, 31, 32
29) “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30) And you say, if we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.
31) So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32) Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
2 KINGS CHAPTER 17
41) Even while these people were worshiping the LORD. They were serving their idols. To this day their children and grandchildren continue to do as their ancestors did.
EXODUS CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 4, 5, 6
4) “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
5) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.
6) But showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
PSALM CHAPTER 78
8) They would not be like their ancestors a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 20, 21
20).....Let the offspring of the wicked never be mentioned again.
21) Prepare a place to slaughter his children for the sins of their ancestors: they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities.
JOSHUA CHAPTER 24
15) But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”
NUMBERS CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
16) The LORD said to Moses: “Bring me seventy of Israel’s elders who are known to you as leaders and officials among the people. Have them come to the tent of meeting that they may stand there with you.
17) I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.
18) “Tell the people: Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow, when you will eat meat. The LORD heard you when you wailed. If only we had meat to eat! We were better off in Egypt!”Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will eat it.
19) You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days.
20) But for a whole month—until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it—because you have rejected the LORD, who is among you, and have wailed before him, saying. “Why did we ever leave Egypt?”
21) But Moses said. “Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!
22) Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?
23) The LORD answered Moses, Is the LORD’s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.
24) So Moses went out and told the people what the LORD had said. He brought together seventy of their elders and had them stand around the tent.
25) Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was in him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.
LUKE CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 1, 17
1) After this the LORD appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
17) The seventy-two returned with joy and said, LORD even the demons submit to us in your name.
JOHN CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 60, 66, 67, 68
60) On hearing it, many of his disciples said. This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?
66) From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.
67) You do not want to leave too, do you? Jesus asked the twelve.
68) Simon Peter answered him, LORD to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 10, 11
10) So I went in and looked, and I saw portrayed all over the walls all kinds of crawling things and unclean animals and all the idols of Israel.
11) In front of them stood seventy elders of Israel, and Jaazaniah son of Shaphan was standing among them. Each had a censer in his hand, and a fragrant cloud of incense was rising.
MATTHEU CHAPTER 23
9) And do not call anyone on earth father, for you have one Father, and he is in heaven .
ABOUT THE PRIESTS
EXODUS CHAPTER 32
VERSE, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
21) He said to Aaron, “What did these people do to you, that you led them into such great sin?
22) “Do not be angry, my lord,” Aaron answered. “You know how prone these people are to evil.
23) They said to me. Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.
24) So I told them. Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off? Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf!
25) Moses saw that the people were running wild and that Aaron had let them get out of control and so become a laughingstock to their enemies.
26) So he stood at the entrance to the camp and said. “Whoever is for the LORD, come to me.” And all the Levites rallied to him.
27) Then he said to them. “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 26
VERSE, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
59) The chief priest and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death.
60) But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward. Finally two came forward.
61) And declared, “This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God and rebuild it in three days.”
62) Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus. “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?
63) But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”
MALACHI CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 1, 2
1) “And now, you priests, this warning is for you.
2) If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says the LORD Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.
HOSEA CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 6, 7, 8, 9
6) For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offering.
7) As at Adam, they have broken the covenant; they were unfaithful to me there.
8) Gilead is a city of evildoers, stained with footprints of blood.
9) As marauders lie in ambush for a victim, so do bands of priests: they murder on the road to Shechem, carrying out their wicked schemes
ZACHARIAH CHAPTER 10
3) “My anger burns against the shepherds, and I will punish the leaders; for the LORD Almighty will care for his flock, the people of Judah, and make them like a proud horse in battle.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 17, 18, 19
17) Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before Kings.
18) By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.
19) All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.”
ACTS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 17, 18
17) Then the high priest and all his associates, who were members of the party of Sadducees, were filled with jealousy.
18) They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail.
JOHN CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 47, 48
47) Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin. “What are we accomplishing?” They asked. “Here is this man performing many signs.
48) If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.”
ZEPHANIAH CHAPTER 1
4) “I will stretch out my hand against Judah and against all who live in Jerusalem. I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place,
MATTHEW CHAPTER 21
VERSE, 45, 46
45) When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them.
46) They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.
LEVITICUS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 5, 6, 7
5) Moses said to the assembly, “This is what the Lord has commanded to be done.”
6) Then Moses brought Aaron and his sons forward and washed them with water.
7) He put the tunic on Aaron, tied the sash around him, clothed him with the robe and put the ephod on him. He also fastened the ephod with a decorative waistband, which he tied around him.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 12, 13, 14
12) Eli’s sons were scoundrels; they had no regard for the LORD.
13) Now it was the practice of the priests that, whenever any of the people offered a sacrifice, the priest’s servant would come with a three-pronged fork in his hand while the meat was being boiled
14) And would plunge the fork into the pan or kettle or caldron or pot. Whatever the fork brought up the priest would take for himself. This is how they treated all the Israelites who came to Shilon
ACTS CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 1, 2
1) Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, “My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day.”
2) At this the high priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth.
REVELATION CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 5, 6
5) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the Kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
6) And has made us to be a Kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power forever and ever! Amen.
HEBREW CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
15) For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
16) Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
GENESIS CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 18, 19
18) Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High,
19) And he blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth.
JOHN CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 22, 23
22) And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23) If you forgive anyone’s sins their sins are forgiven; If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
MATTHEW CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 18, 19
18) And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
19) I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”