THE DEVIL AND THE ANGEL OF LIGHT
MATTHEW CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 8, 9, 10
8) Again, the Devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory;
9) And he said to him. All these things I will give you, if you fall down and worship me.”
10) Then Jesus said to him. “Go Satan! For it is written. YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD. AND SERVE HIM ONLY.’’’
MATTHEW CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 22, 23
22) Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying. “God forbid [it], Lord! This shall never happen to you.”
23) But he turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me Satan! You are a stumbling block to me: for you are not setting your mind on God’s interest, but man’s.”
LUKE CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
27) And following him was a large crowd of the people, and of women who were mourning and lamenting him.
28) But Jesus turning to them said. “Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
29) “For behold, the days are coming when they will say. Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.
30) “Then they will begin TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, FALL ON US, AND TO THE HILLS, COVER US.
31) “For if they do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?
ACTS CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 16, 17, 18, 19
16) It is happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling.
17) Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, “These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation.”
18) She continued doing this for many days. But Paul was greatly annoyed, and turned and said to the spirit. I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her! And it came out at that very moment.
19) But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the market place before the authorities.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 18, 19
18) He said to him, I also am a prophet like you, and an angel spoke to me by the word of the LORD, saying. Bring him back with you to your house that may eat bread and drink water. But he lied to him.
19) So he went back with him, and ate bread in his house and drank water.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arise among you and gives you a sign or a wonder.
2) And the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying. Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them.
3) You shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
2 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
3) Let no one in any way deceive you, for [ it will not come] unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.
4) Who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.
5) Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?
6) And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.
7) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains [will do so] until he is taken out of the way.
8) Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of his mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of his coming.
ACTS CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
8) At Lystra a man was sitting who had no strength in his feet, lame from his mother womb, who had never walked.
9) This man was listening to Paul as he spoke, who , when he had fixed his gaze on him and had seen that he had faith to be made well.
10) Said with a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.”And he leaped up and began to walk.
11) When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they raised their voice, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have become like men and have come down to us.”
12) And they began calling Barnabas, Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker.
13) The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, and wanted to 0ffer sacrifice with the crowds.
14) But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their robes and rushed out into the crowd, crying out.
GENESIS CHAPTER 39
VERSE, 7, 8
7) It came about after these events that his master’s wife looked with desire at Joseph, and she said, “Lie with me.”
8) But he refused and said to his master’s wife, “Behold with me here, my master does not concern himself with anything in the house, and he has put all that he owns in my charge.
1 PETER CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 8, 9
8) Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
9) But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
4) Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
5) You know that he appeared in order to take away sins; and in him there is no sin.
6) No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has seen him or knows him.
7) Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous;
8) The one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
ACTS CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
6) When they had gone through the whole island as far as Paphos, they found a magician, a Jewish false prophet whose name was Bar- Jesus.
7) Who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, a man of intelligence? This man summoned Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God.
8) But Elymas the magician (for so his name is translated) was opposing them, seeking to turn the Proconsul away from the faith.
9) But Saul, who was also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, fixed his gaze on him.
10) And said, You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to make crooked the straight ways of the Lord?
11) “Now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you will be blind and not see the sun for a time.” And immediately a mist and darkness fell upon him, and he went about seeking those who would lead him by the hand.
12) Then the proconsul believed when he saw what had happened, being amazed at the teaching of the Lord.
JUDE CHAPTER 1
6) And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, he has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day.
2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 7, 8, 9
7) Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me to keep me from exalting myself!
8) Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.
9) And he had said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
THE EVENTS OF THE LAST TIMES
2 PETER CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 3, 4
3) Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
4) They will say, “Where is this coming he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”
REVELATION CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 12, 13
12) The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
13) As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: “Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blast about to be sounded by the other three angels!
REVELATION CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 1O, 11, 12
10) The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony
11) And cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.
12) The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.
MARK CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
21) At that time if anyone says to you, Look, here is the Messiah! Or, Look, there he is! Do not believe it.
22) For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
23) So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.
24) “But in those days, following that distress, “the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;
25) The stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
26) “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
2) Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
3) They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.
ECCLESIASTES CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 9, 10, 11
9) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.
10) Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.
11) No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them.
ACTS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
17) “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
18) Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.
19) I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20) The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the LORD.
21) And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
REVELATION CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 5, 6
5) They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes.
6) During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 6, 7
6) On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness.
7) It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.
DANIEL CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 13, 14
13) Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the LORD’s people?
14) He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”
AMOS CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 11, 12
11) “The days are coming,” declares the Sovereign LORD, “When I will send a famine through the land—not a famine of food or a thirst for water, but a famine of hearing the words of the LORD.
12) People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from north to east, searching for the word of the LORD, but they will not find it.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 15, 16
15) As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.
16) this was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.
MICAN CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
2) The faithful have been swept from the land; not one upright person remains. Every one lies in wait to shed blood; they hunt each other with nets.
3) Both hands are skilled in doing evil; the ruler demands gifts, the judge accepts bribes, the powerful dictate what they desire—they all conspire together.
4) The best of them is like a brier, the most upright worse than a thorn hedge. The day God visits you has come, the day your watchmen sound the alarm. Now is the time of your confusion.
5) Do not trust a neighbor; put no confidence in a friend. Even with the woman who lies in your embrace guard the words of your lips.
6) For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rise up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—a man’s enemies are the members of his own household.
2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2) People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient, to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3) without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
4) treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God—
5) having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
REVELATION CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
12) I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,
13) and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.
14) The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
15) Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
16) they called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
17) For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?