BROTHERS OF CHRIST
ACTS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 13, 14
13) When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James.
14) They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58
54) Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked.
55) “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?
56) Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”
57) And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them. “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home.”
58) And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
LUKE CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 19, 20, 21
19) Now Jesus mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd.
20) Someone told him. “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.”
21) He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”
MARK CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, The Son of God,
2) as it is written in Isaiah the prophet: “I will send my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way”-
3) “a voice of one calling in the wilderness, prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.
4) And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
5) The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
6) John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locust and wild honey.
PSALMS CHAPTER 69
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
7) For I endure scorn for your sake, and shame covers my face.
8) I am a foreigner to my own family, a stranger to my own mother’s children;
9) For zeal for your house consumes me and the insults of those who insult you fall on me.
10) When I weep and fast, I must endure scorn:
11) When I put on sackcloth, people make sport of me.
12) Those who sit at the gate mock me, and I am the song of the drunkards.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 22, 23, 24, 25
22) All this took place to fulfill what the lord had said through the prophet:
23) “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”)
24) When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.
25) But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
MARK CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 21, 22, 23
21) When his family heard about this.” they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of mind.”
22) And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebul! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons
23) So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan?
JOHN CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
1) After this, Jesus went around in Galilee; He did not want to go about in Judea because the Jewish leaders there were looking for a way to kill him.
2) But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near.
3) Jesus brothers said to him, “Leave Galilee and go to Judea, so that your disciples there may see the works you do.
4) No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world.”
5) For even his own brothers did not believe in him.
6) Therefore Jesus told them. “My time is not yet here; for you any time will do
7) The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that its works are evil.
JOHN CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 11, 12
11) What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory: and his disciples believed in him.
12) After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.
THE END OF THE EVIL
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 10, 11, 12
10) Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11) Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
REVELATION CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 7, 8, 9, 10
7) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8) And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brothers is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
ISAIAH CHAPTER 14
VERSE, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
12) How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How are you cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations!
13) For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also on the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15) Yet you shall be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16) They that see you shall narrowly look on you, and consider you, saying, Is this man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17) That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
REVELATION CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2) And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
DANIEL CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 9, 10
9) I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame and his wheels as burning fire.
10) A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2) And the LORD said to Satan, The LORD rebuke you, O Satan; even the LORD that has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
3) Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16
13) You have been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of your tabrets and of your pipes was prepared in you in the day that you were created.
14) You are the anointed cherub that covers; and I have set you so: you were on the holy mountain of God; you have walked up and down in the middle of the stones of fire.
15) You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
16) By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled the middle of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy you, O covering cherub, from the middle of the stones of fire.
JOB CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
2) And the LORD said to Satan, From where come you? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and from in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
3) And the LORD said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that fears God, and eschews evil? And still he holds fast his integrity, although you moved me against him, to destroy him without cause.
LUKE CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20
17) And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject to us through your name.
18) And he said to them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
19) Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20) Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
MARK CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1) And they came over to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2) And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3) Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4) Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5) And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6) But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7) And cried with a loud voice, and said, what have I to do with you, Jesus, you Son of the most high God? I adjure you by God, that you torment me not.
8) For he said to him, Come out of the man, you unclean spirit.
9) And he asked him, what is your name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
GENESIS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1) Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, yes, has God said, you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2) And the woman said to the serpent, we may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, you shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.
4) And the serpent said to the woman, you shall not surely die:
5) For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.