FEW ARE THE SAVED
VERSE, 23, 24
LUKE CHAPTER 13
23) Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved? He said to them.
24) “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 19, 20
19) “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
20) For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
MATTHEW CHAPTER 20
16) “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.”
LUKE CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 1, 2
1) After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go.
2) He told them. “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into the harvest field.
1 KINGS CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 22, 23
22) Then Elijah said to them. “I am the only one of the LORDS’s prophets left, but Baal has four hundred and fifty prophets.
23) Get two bulls for us. Let Baal’s prophets choose one for themselves, and let them cut into pieces and put it on the wood but not set fire on it. I will prepare the other bull and put it on the wood but not set fire on it.
LUKE CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 31, 32, 33, 34
31) But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
32) “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom.
33) Sell your possession and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fall, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
34) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 13
VERSE, 31, 32
31) He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field.
32) Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
GENESIS CHAPTER 25
23) The LORD said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated: one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”
GENISIS CHAPTER 48
VERSE, 17, 18, 19
17) When Joseph saw his father placing his right hand on Ephraim’s head he was displeased: so he took hold of his father’s hand to move it from Ephraim’s head to Manasseh’s head.
18) Joseph said to him, “No my father, this one is the firstborn: put your right hand on his head.”
19) But his father refused and said. “I know, my son, I know. He too will become a people, and he too will become great. Nevertheless, his younger brother will be greater than he, and his descendants will become a group of nations.”
GENESIS CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 24, 25, 26
24) What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it?
25) Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the judge of all the earth do right?
26) The LORD said. “If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.”
LUKE CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 5, 6
5) The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world.
6) And he said to him. “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 26
47) While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 13, 14
13) “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14) But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it.
ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 8
VERSE, 22, 23
22) And many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord Almighty and to entreat him.”
23) This is what the Lord almighty says: “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say. Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.”
MARK CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 12, 13, 14, 15
12) “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them.
13) “Crucify him! They shouted.
14) “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder. Crucify him!
15) Wanting to satisfy the crowd. Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.
LEVITICUS CHAPTER 26
VERSE, 7, 8
7) You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you.
8) Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you.
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 32
VERSE, 29, 30
29) If only they were wise and would understand this and discern what their end will be!
30) How could one man chase a thousand, or two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, unless the Lord had given them up?
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 33
VERSE, 2, 3
2) ...”The Lord came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; he shone forth from Mount Paran. He came with myriads of holy ones from the south, from his mountain slopes.
3) Surely it is you who love the people: all the holy ones are in your hand. At your feet they all bow down. And from you receive instruction.
JUDGES CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) As he approached Lehi, the Philistines came toward him shouting. The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him. The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands.
15) Finding a fresh jawbone of a donkey, he grabbed it and struck down a thousand men.
16) The Samson said. “With a donkey’s jawbone I have made donkeys of them. With a donkey’s jawbone I have killed a thousand men.”
DANIEL CHAPTER 7
VERSE, 9, 10
9) “As I looked, thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow: the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze.
10) A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before him. Thousands upon thousands attended him: ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him. The court was seated, and the books were opened.
WHAT IS HERESY
ACTS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
17) Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation.
18) They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail.
19) But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.
20) “Go stand in the temple courts,” he said, “and tell the people all about this new life.”
21) At daybreak they entered the temple courts, as they had been told, and began to teach the people.
ACTS CHAPTER 15
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8
5) But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.
6) And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7) And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brothers, you know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8) And God, which knows the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did to us;
ACTS CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) And after five days Ananias the high priest descended with the elders, and with a certain orator named Tertullus, who informed the governor against Paul.
2) And when he was called forth, Tertullus, began to accuse him, saying, Seeing that by you we enjoy great quietness, and that very worthy deeds are done to this nation by your providence,
3) We accept it always, and in all places, most noble Felix, with all thankfulness.
4) Notwithstanding, that I be not further tedious to you, I pray you that you would hear us of your clemency a few words.
5) For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of Nazarenes:
6) Who also has gone about to profane the temple: whom we took, and would have judged according to our law.
ACTS CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
10) Then Paul, after that the governor had beckoned to him to speak, answered, For as much as I know that you have been of many years a judge to this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:
11) Because that you may understand, that there are yet but twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem for to worship.
12) And they neither found me in the temple disputing with any man, neither raising up the people, neither in the synagogues, nor in the city:
13) Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
14) But this I confess to you, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15) And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16) And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offense toward God, and toward men.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 17, 18, 19
17) Now in this that declare to you I praise you not, that you come together not for the better, but for the worse.
18) For first of all, when you come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19) For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
ACTS CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20
17) And it came to pass, that after three days Paul called the chief of the Jews together: and when they were come together, he said to them, Men and brothers, though i have committed nothing against the people, or customs of our fathers, yet was I delivered prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.
18) Who, when they had examined me, would have let me go, because there was no cause of death in me?
19) But when the Jews spoke against it, I was constrained to appeal to Caesar; not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.
20) For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.
GALATIANS CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
17) For the flesh lust against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that you cannot do the things that you would.
18) But if you be led of the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20) Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, jealousies, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21) Contentions, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.
2 PETER CHAPTER 2
1) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privately shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
TITUS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 8, 9, 10, 11
8) This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that you affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
9) But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10) A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject;
11) Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sins, being condemned of himself.