HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END WILL BE SAVED
MATTHEWS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 21, 22
21) “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
22) You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 4, 5, 6
4) It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
5) Who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age?
6) And who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
2 PETER CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 20, 21, 22
20) If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
21) It would have been better for them not to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.
22) Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 9, 10
9) Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.
10) For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many grief’s
PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 12, 13, 14
12) Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.
13) Brothers and sister, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14) I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 26, 27
26) Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
27) No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
1 PETER CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 17, 18
17) For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18) And “If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?
ROMANS CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22
19) You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”
20) Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.
21) For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.
22) Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.
2 PETER CHAPTER 2
4) For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;
JOB CHAPTER 9
VERSE, 20, 21
20) Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.
21) “Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life.
1 JOHN CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 8, 9
8) If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 5
VERSE, 21, 22
21) You have heard that it was said to the people long ago. You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.
22) But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, Raca, is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, “You fool!” will be in danger of the fire of hell.
LUKE CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 6, 7, 8
6) And the lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says.
7) And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?
8) I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on the earth?
2 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 4
VERSE, 9, 10
9) Do your best to come to me quickly,
10) For Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia.
1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 10
VERSE, 11, 12
11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warning for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.
12) So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!
PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2
12) Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 16
VERSE, 14, 15, 16
14) Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
15) Saul’s attendants said to him, “See an evil spirit from God is tormenting you.
16) Let our Lord command his servants here to search for someone who can play the lyre. He will play when the evil spirit from God comes on you, and you will feel better.”
EZEKIEL CHAPTER 28
VERSE, 13, 14, 15
13) You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite, and emerald, topaz, onyx, and jasper, lapis, lazuli, turquoise, and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared.
14) You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.
15) You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you.
REVELATION CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 25, 26
25) Except to hold on to what you have until I come.
26) To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 24
VERSE, 23, 24
23) At that time if anyone says to you. Look, here is the Messiah! Or, There he is! Do not believe it.
24) For false messiah and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible even the elect.
LUKE CHAPTER 12
VERSE, 45, 46, 47, 48
45) But suppose the servant says to himself, My master is taking a long time in coming, and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk.
46) The master of the servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.
47) “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows.
48) But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
ADMONITIONS TO THE CHURCH
EPHESIANS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1) Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2) Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
4) For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
5) He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—
6) to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
7) In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
8) that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding,
9) he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ.
1 PETER CHAPTER 3
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
1) Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,
2) when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.
3) your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
4) Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
5) For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands,
6) like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. you are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
7) Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
HEBREWS CHAPTER 13
17) Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.
MATTHEW CHAPTER 18
VERSE, 10, 11
10) Take heed that you despise not one of these little ones; for I say to you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11) For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost
TITUS CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
1) You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.
2) Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
3) Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
4) Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children,
5) to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
6) Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled.
7) In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness
8) and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
TITUS CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
5) The reason I left you in Crete was that you might put in order what was left unfinished and appoint elders in every town, as I directed you.
6) An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.
7) Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.
8) Rather, he must be hospitable, one who loves what is good, who is self-controlled, upright, holy and disciplined.
9) He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.
ACTS CHAPTER 20
VERSE, 28, 29, 30, 31
28) Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
29) I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.
30) Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.
31) So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.
JOB CHAPTER 1
VERSE, 4, 5
4) His sons used to hold feast in their homes on their birthdays, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them
5) When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would make arrangements for them to be purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, “Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.”This was Job’s regular custom.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 1
5) Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance
JOHN CHAPTER 21
VERSE, 20, 21, 22
20) Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one, who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?
21) When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?
22) Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 23
VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
19) Do not charge a fellow Israelite interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest.
20) You may charge a foreigner interest, but not a fellow Israelite, so that the LORD your GOD may bless you in everything you put your hand to in the land you are entering to possess
21) If you make a vow to the LORD your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the LORD your GOD will certainly demand it of you and you will be guilty of sin.
22) But if you refrain from making a vow, you will not be guilty.
23) Whatever your lips utter you must be sure to do, because you made your vow freely to the LORD your GOD with your own mouth.
JUDGES CHAPTER 11
VERSE, 30, 31
30) And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands,
31) whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD’S, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”
1 TIMOTHY CHAPTER 2
VERSE, 1, 2
1) I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—
2)for Kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quite lives in all godliness and holiness.
PROVERBS CHAPTER 6
VERSE, 20, 21, 22, 23
20) My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
21) Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck.
22) When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
23) For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,
DEUTERONOMY CHAPTER 27
16) Cursed is anyone who dishonors their father or mother.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!