Τετάρτη 17 Ιουλίου 2013

THE ILLITERATED DISCIPLES - WHAT IS TEMPLE WHAT IS CHURCH


THE ILLITERATED DISCIPLES

 MATTHEW CHAPTER 5

   VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

1) Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him,
2) And he began to teach them. He said.
3) “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
4) Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
5) Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
 
                  MATTHEW CHAPTER 23
                      VERSE, 27, 28, 29
27) “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.
28) In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
 
                  GALATIANS CHAPTER 1
                   VERSE, 17, 18, 19, 20
17) I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.
18) Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days.
19) I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother.
20) I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.
 
                    ACTS CHAPTER 26
                         VERSE 24
24) At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. You are out of your mind, Paul! He shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.”
 
          2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 12
                         VERSE 7
7) Or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
 
                      ACTS CHAPTER 4
                       VERSE, 13, 14
13) When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.
14) But since they could see the man who had been healed standing there with them, there was nothing they could say.
 
                1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 2
                          VERSE, 6, 7, 8
6) We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7) No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
8) None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
 
              1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 1
           VERSE, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
25) For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
26) Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth.
27) But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
28) God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,
29) so that no one may boast before him.
30) It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
31) Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”
 
                  1 SAMUEL CHAPTER 9
                            VERSE 9
9) Formerly in Israel, if someone went to inquire of God, they would say, “Come, let us go to the seer,” because the prophet of today used to be called a seer.
 
                  MATTHEW CHAPTER 16
                  VERSE, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
13) When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14) They replied, “Some says John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15) “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16) Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17) Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
 
                  EXODUS CHAPTER 4
                    VERSE, 10, 11, 12
10) Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”
11) The Lord said to him. “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord?
12) Now go:  I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”
 
                HABAKKUK CHAPTER 2
                          VERSE 11
11) The stones of the wall will cry out, and the beams of the woodwork will echo it.
 
                 JEREMIAH CHAPTER I
                VERSE, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10
4) The word of the Lord came to me, saying.
5) “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart: I appointed you as prophet to the nations.”
6) “Alas Sovereign Lord, I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
7) But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, I am too young. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.
9) Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.
10) See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”
 
                    JONAH CHAPTER 1
                  VERSE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
1) The word of the lord came to Jonah son of Amittai:
2) “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
3) But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for tarshish to flee from the Lord.
4) Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.
5) All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.
 
                    ISAIAH CHAPTER 49
                       VERSE, 1, 2, 3
1) Listen to me, you islands: hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the Lord called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
2) He made my mouth like a sharpened sword; in the shadow of his hand he hid me: he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
3) He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”


      WHAT IS TEMPLE WHAT IS CHURCH

 

 

                  1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 3

                             VERSE, 16, 17

16) Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

 

                 2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 6

                          VERSE, 16, 17

16) And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17) Why come out from among them, and be you separate, said the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

 

                     ACTS CHAPTER 17

                     VERSE, 23, 24, 25

23) For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: (TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.) So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24) “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.

25) And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else.

 

                 MATTHEW CHAPTER 18

                         VERSE, 19, 20

19) “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

20) For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

 

 

                     ACTS CHAPTER 28

                        VERSE, 30, 31

30) For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him.

31) He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

 

                      MARK CHAPTER 14

                          VERSE, 14, 15

14) Say to the owner of the house he enters, “The Teacher asks: Where is my guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?”

15) He will show you a large room upstairs, furnished and ready. Make preparations for us there.”

 

              2 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 5

                            VERSE, 1, 2

1) For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building of God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

2) Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,

 

                          JOHN CHAPTER 14

                               VERSE, 1, 2, 3

1) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

2) My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

3) And If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

 

                     MARK CHAPTER 11

                       VERSE, 15, 16, 17

15) On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves,

16) And would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the tremble courts.

17) And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: “My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations? But you have made it a den of robbers.”

 

                    ACTS CHAPTER 20

                             VERSE 7

7) On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.

 

                       ACTS CHAPTER 19

                         VERSE, 8, 9, 10

8) Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God.

9)  But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussion daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.

10) This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.

                 ROMANS CHAPTER 16

                        VERSE, 3, 4, 5

3) Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus.

4) They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

5) Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greed my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

 

                      ACTS CHAPTER 21

                            VERSE, 5, 6

5) And when we had accomplished those days, we departed and went our way; and they all brought us on our way, with wives and children, till we were out of the city: and we kneeled down on the shore, and prayed.

6) And when we had taken our leave one of another, we took ship; and they returned home again.

 

                       ACTS CHAPTER 12

                           VERSE, 12, 13

12) And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.

13) And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to listen, named Rhoda.

 

                1 CORINTHIANS CHAPTER 16

                                 VERSE 19

19) The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

 

                   EPHESIANS CHAPTER 5

                          VERSE, 23, 24

23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

24) Therefore as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

 

 

                  JEREMIAH CHAPTER 7

                         VERSE, 3, 4, 5

3) Thus said the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.

4) Trust you not in lying words, saying, the temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.

5) For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings; if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor;

 

                REVELATION CHAPTER 21

                VERSE, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

19) And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20) The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21) And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22) And I saw no temple therein: for the LORD GOD Almighty and the lamb are the temple of it.

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it and the Lamb is the light thereof.

 


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου